Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's a Fine, Cold Day

It's cold out there...


...a Sorels and ear-flaps kind of day folks.


Hip-hip horray.  I'd say this little phrase I found in a parking lot sums it up nicely:


As do the first two lines of this awesome Cowboy Junkies song.


BF and I just got in from several hours of errands, including a good chunk of time spent in the out-of-doors, and while I would not describe it as fun, I can tell you it certainly DOES make me appreciate the warmth of our apartment right now. 

It also makes me feel really bad for those of us who don't have the warm home to head back to at the end of the day.  I can't even imagine it.  In case anyone else had the same thoughts, and feel like they might be in a position to help out, check out Out of the Cold.  There are lots of different ways to help whether it be a donation, volunteering, or dropping off a few supplies like a pair of winter boots you haven't used much, or some warm gloves.  

Friends, I trust if you are reading this that that means you are also warm and dry, and that makes me real happy.

Till next time folks!









No comments:

Post a Comment