Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Beads

Tomorrow is M's birthday; HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M!!!  


My dear friend M is a big lover of jewels, so for her birthday I decided to make her some big, dangly earrings.  She's also a big fan of turquoise so choosing beads was easy.

Turquoise and Mother of Pearl with silver findings.

I played around for a bit with different designs, and when I found one I knew M would like, I got to work.  I attached an eye pin to the jump ring already through the top of the MOP drop.


Then I added the flat MOP ring, but kept it at the very tip of the pin.


Leaving it at the tip allowed me to slip on the turquoise discs before pushing it through the top of the MOP.


Next came the large oval stone.


Then I used needle nose, or round nose jewelry pliers to make a tiny loop with the remaining bit of the pin....


...and I attached the ear wire.


And presto! Earrings!


Now, off to celebrate the birth of a wonderful lady with the gal herself and some lovely friends.  Don't worry, I'll tell her you say Happy Birthday too!

Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment