Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Five Great Things About Monday

1.  Today I caught up with a few friends. Two in particular with whom I haven't spoken in a long time.  We caught up AND made near future plans!  There is nothing quite like picking the phone up and hearing the voice of a loved one that you have let distance come between and then realizing the distance isn't so far after all.

2.  Today I got that much closer to finishing the kitchen cabinets.  Today I scrubbed, washed, sanded, washed again, sanded again, washed again, primed and painted the last few cabinet doors.


They were in terrible shape and it took most of the afternoon, but I feel good, no, GREAT about the work.  The basement is now covered in a thin layer of dust from sanding, but as my woodworking teacher in junior high used to say, it is:


Tomorrow, I'll do the bases and hopefully have the doors on by Thursday!  One day at a time loves!

3.  I met two more neighbours.  Hello Jean, and thanks for your advice about the roses and such, I know I have no idea what to do with them!  Hey there John and Chewbacca, nice to meet you.  And Chewy, don't stress yourself out so much, I meant no harm to your person, and plus, you're just a chihuahua dude, even if I did have ulterior motives, you really couldn't do much.

4.  Today I found a sale on tomato juice. 

See, empty already!
I know this is probably of little significance to anyone other than myself, but what can I say, I love the stuff.  I have been known to drink it by the litre and I will argue its potential as the remedy for much of what ails you.  Go the the Superstore now!

5.  Today I had a guilt free nap!  You know how it is when you are just so tired yet you have so many things to do that your mind won't let you rest?  Well that is the story of my life.  But this afternoon I got LOTS done and when I took a break on the couch and felt snoozy, I just went with it and slept for a good hour, totally without regret or my mind telling me to get up and pick up a sander.  

And as a bonus, I listened to Michael Franti and Spearhead all day.  You try not to have a great day after hearing this song.



So yeah, all in all, a good day, hope it was the same for you!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment