Friday, May 24, 2013

Wet

You know how they say that our friends in the North have about a thousand words for "snow"?  And apparently the Egyptians have a lot of words for sand.  Lately, I have been feeling like we Haligonians should have a similar repertoire for "wet."  

This was the scene outside when I first woke up this morning.


And about twenty minutes later, when BF and I were downstairs having our coffee....


Soaking.  Damp.  Soggy.  Drenched.  Seeping.  You get the picture.

I am so ready for some sun.  This prolonged dark, cold, wet, windy Spring we are having is making me a little sad at this point.  Seems it's been a very, very long time since we've seen it for more than a few minutes at a time and I think we can all use a bit more Vitamin D.  Let's all take a bit of time today and come up with a Sun Dance.  I'm willing to put in just about any amount of time perfecting it if it means a warm, dry day may come along, don't you agree?

Till next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment